Interactive Virtual Learning
Why Study at BSCM
OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
Qualification Number: 603/2316/4
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is to enable learners’ development as managers within the tourism and hospitality industry, with a lifelong-learning orientation. It enables learners to critically apply contemporary knowledge and theories to the management of complex problems. Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with the specialist skills and technical terminology to develop their management skills and to progress to further study or employment.
These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following:
- Relevant Level 4 Diploma qualification or equivalent qualification
- GCE Advanced level in 3 subjects or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree
- Digital Marketing Management for Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
- Operations Management (20 credits)
- Management Accounting (20 credits)
- Management of Human Resources (20 credits)
- Customer Relationship Management (20 credits)
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
Successful completion of Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management.
As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into Final year of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.